In today’s world, the boundaries between different countries, cultures, and societies are getting blurred, primarily due to the explosion of communication channels like TV, Movies and the Internet. In today’s connected world, the ability to communicate to a mass audience is a much sought after skill. This is where Mass Communication career options offer opportunities for growth.
Mass Communication broadly covers the areas of journalism (both print and electronic), advertising, video production and film making. All these professions deal with communicating an idea or many ideas through the mediums of mass communication like newspaper, TV, internet, movies, etc. As such study of Mass Communication is both an art and a science. Art is required to create the content and science is required to deliver it to the masses.
For this reason, students who are creative, imaginative,and have a very strong command on English language excel in Mass Communication. In Mass Communication you can specialize in journalism, advertising, or film making, and video production. After your studies you can become a reporter, journalist, ad professional, documentary/feature film maker, or get into the technical career or recording and editing videos.
3 Years Bachelor’s Degree Programs
- BBM (Bachelors in Mass Media)
- BMC (Bachelors in Mass Communication)
- BMS (Bachelors in Media Studies)
- BJMC (Bachelors in Journalism & Mass Communication)
- BA in Journalism
- BA in Communication & Media
2 Years Master’s Degree/Diploma Programs
- MMC (Masters in Mass Communication)
- MMS (Masters in Media Studies)
- MA in Journalism
- MA in Communication & Media
- Various PG Diploma Programs
- Creative Writer
- Creative Designer
- Copy writer
- P.R. Specialist
- Brand Manager
- Medial Programmer
- Film Maker
Colleges offering 3 years Bachelor's Degree
Colleges Offering 2 years Master Degree/Diploma
- Print journalism
- Electronic Journalism
- Broadcast journalism
- Community Journalism
- Radio Jockeying
- Short Film Making
- Creative Writing
- Scrip/Screen Play Writing
- Art Direction
- Film Direction
- Documentary/Short Film making
- Film Production
- Voice over Art
- Graphic designing
- Sound Engineering
- Animation and VFX artist
- Audio-visual Editing
- Sound Recording
- Public Relations
- Pass grade in Std. 12 or 50% in Std. 12 depending upon college
Each college has a separate procedure for admissions. They either have an entrance exam or give admissions on basis of the 12th Std. marks of the student.
3 Years Bachelor in Mass Communication
- Most exams are held from the last week of April to the first or second week of June.
- Notifications are published in leading newspapers from the 1st week of December.
- The application process for most colleges end by 31st March
We have five programs for Post 12th Mass Communication Entrance Exam Preparation – 2 Year, 1 Year, Crash, Crash Extended and Correspondence Programmes.